The Council is the custodian of the Conference and the Board of Directors of ICYPAA Inc 501c. It is both the legal guardian and spiritual servant of ICYPAA. Its purposes are but not limited to:
- Practice the AA 12 steps, 12 traditions and 12 concepts of world service.
- Make available, to any AA member who requests it, information regarding ICYPAA and Young People in AA
- Make regular contact with General Service Office.
- Provide guidance to Committees who are bidding for the Conference.
- Select future conference sites from bids offered at each year's Conference.
- Provide guidance to the current Host Committee.
- Custodial oversight of ICYPAA and veto power over the host committee.
- Protect the corporation, its assets and manage the corporation using best practices of not-for-profits.
- Uphold its fiduciary responsibility.
- Practice transparency in its affairs.
- Maintain the archives.
Thanks to Florida and the 57th ICYPAA Host Committee for an amazing weekend. Congratulations to Tennesee on being awarded the 58th ICYPAA. See you in 2016!!!